Harm Reduction Guide to Coming Off Psychiatric Drugs
Click to download and read the guide Published by the Icarus Project & Freedom Center
With psychiatric medications, you solve one problem for a period of time, but the next thing you know you end up with two problems. The treatment turns a period of crisis into a chronic mental illness.— Amy Upham (2009)
Who we areRethinking Psychiatry is a project of the Economic Justice Action Group of the First Unitarian Church. We are part of a larger movement working to improve mental health care and our mental health system. We receive no funding from, and do not promote any particular organization, government entity, corporation, or drug company. Read our mission statement
Subscribe to our newsletter!
UPCOMING EVENTSJanuary 15, 2014
Rethinking Psychiatry monthly meeting, "Beyond Soteria"
No Rethinking Psychiatry meeting this month.
Join our email listJoin our email list to be notified of the latest Rethinking Psychiatry news and upcoming events.
Click to join
- 2012 Lecture Series
- 2012 Symposium
- 2012 Winter Film Festival
- About Us
- DSM-5 Controversy
- March 29th – West Coast Premiere of
“Beyond the Medical Model”
- National Day of Action to Stop Mental Health Profiling 1/21/13 MLK Day
- Protest ECT – Saturday, June 29
- Psychiatric Drugging of Children
- Recommended Reading
- Rethinking Psychiatry Film Festival – March 22
- Rethinking Psychiatry Meeting
- Robert Whitaker Returns!
- Second Annual Rethinking Psychiatry Symposium
- Wasting the Taxpayers Medicaid Dollars on Psychiatric Drugs