Where: Kaiser Sunnyside Hospital
10180 SE Sunnyside Road
Go by TriMet
When: Wednesday, June 27
Time: 4:00 to 6:00 pm
Join Deborah Schwartzkopff and other ECT survivors protesting this brutal psychiatric treatment. This will be a peacefull protest on the sidewalk near the main hospital entrance. Protest signs will be provided.
Did you know?
Electroconvulsive therapy (also known as “electroshock treatment”)…
- Is taught at Oregon Health Sciences University
- Is practiced at OHSU and Kaiser Sunnyside Hospital
- Devices are manufactured in Tualatin (one of only two U.S. manufacturers)
- Psychiatrists rarely disclose the very real risks of memory loss, intellectual impairment and death
- A Columbia University study found ECT so ineffective at ridding patients of depression that nearly all who receive it relapse within six months.
See New Study Confirms Electroshock (ECT) Causes Brain Damage by reform psychiatrist, Dr. Peter Breggin.
…public policy should move toward the elimination of electroconvulsive therapy and psychosurgery as unproven and inherently inhumane procedures.
–U.S. National Council on Disabilities
* Take TriMet direct to ECT Protest
- Take MAX Green line to Clackamas Town Center Transit Station
- Take Bus 155 to SE Sunnyside & Stevens – Stop 11520 (7 min.)
- Look for us on the sidewalk on Sunnyside Road (near hospital entrance)