1.5 clinical practice CEUs from NASW
Would you be surprised to learn that postpartum depression is practically unknown in certain cultures?
Virginia Elliott, CD PCD (DONA), examines:
- What is “Postpartum Depression”?
- How do different cultures support new mothers worldwide?
- What is the impact of family, community & societal support on moms’ mental health?
- What about medical treatment when social support is lacking?
- How can new moms and babies thrive in the 21st Century?
Virginia L. Elliott, BA, has extensive professional training and expertise in birth trauma, postpartum depression, and domestic violence during pregnancy and new parenthood. She has personal experience of postpartum depression with her youngest son.
Ms. Elliott is an Internationally Certified Birth and Postpartum Doula (DONA International); certified by the International Center for Traditional Childbearing (12 years); and a La Leche League International Leader (14 years).
When: Wednesday, April 15, 2015; 6:45 PM
Where: National College of Natural Medicine (NCNM)